How to Style a Slip Dress Casually
The classic 90’s slip dress trend is still going strong, and I have to say, a slip dress is a must-have closet essential. Slip dresses are flattering on every body type, and with endless styling options, they’re seasonless. Slip dresses are made for layering, and they’re the one piece in your wardrobe that you can layer with everything from a tee, chunky sweater, turtleneck, blazer, or button-up. They also look great belted!
A foolproof outfit formula to style a slip dress casually is to pair it with sneakers. Sneakers work well with all lengths of dresses and instantly create an effortless casual outfit. To stay comfy in the AC, I layered a relaxed button-up over my slip dress for a second look.
More Slip Dress Styling Ideas
- Dress it down with slides and a Panama hat for a get-together with friends.
- Create a polished look for the office (when you’re back in the office) with a lightweight knit, blazer and heels.
- Wear it by itself with strappy sandals for a date night.
- Winterize it with a chunky turtleneck and combat boots or leather jacket.
Shop the post:
Thank you for reading How to Style a Slip Dress Casually!
Linking up here.
Now onto the linkup! I can’t wait to see your outfits!
Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files! Carrie at Curly Crafty Mom and I are excited to have you here and would love to have you link up one of your latest outfits with us at the bottom of this post. Don’t forget to check out our Thursday Fashion Files Pinterest board and click HERE if you’d like to contribute!
Link Up Guidelines:
1. Feel free to grab our button to display on your blog sidebar. Help spread the word and share about our link-up community.
2. **By adding your links, you are stating that you have the proper licensing/rights to the images in your blog posts.**
Eva from Style My Thrift is this week’s featured blogger!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!