The most wonderful time of year is upon us! The holidays can be both exciting and stressful at the same time. We know what needs to be done, but sometimes things fall through the cracks. I’ve got 5 holiday prep tips to help you prepare and be ready for your get together’s, parties, and overnight guests, so that you’ll be organized and can spend more time enjoying the season!
5 Tips to Help Prep for the Holidays
1. Declutter, make space in your closets and donate those unneeded items before you pull out the holiday decorations. All of the extra holiday stuff can make an already cluttered room feel chaotic.
2. Whether or not your planning to have guests, you never know when someone might need to stay over due to the weather or unforeseen circumstance. Add some festive sheets and towels, a little dish with toiletries, etc so you’re prepared and won’t have to worry about it. Bonus, if the room is made up, you’ll be less likely to use it as a dumping ground for miscellaneous stuff.
3. Get your kitchen ready by stocking your pantry with entertaining essentials like crackers, jam, olives, nuts, pasta, basic spices, oils and vinegar, and wine. If you have an impromptu get together, you’ll be prepared! If you are expecting guests, stock up on some of their favorite foods!
4. Set a budget, create a gift list, and set up a gift wrap station. As you purchase gifts, check them off your list, get them wrapped and tagged so you won’t be staying up late wrapping all at once the night before.
5. If you’ll be hosting a party, prep these small details in advance: set up a charging station with several USB plug-ins and cords, print out a small sign with your wi-fi password to display so guests won’t’ have to ask, customize a holiday playlist to stream and pick a few classic holiday movies to play in the background with no sound. If you live in a warmer climate, having a pest control expert like https://www.pestcontrolexperts.com/local/arizona/ treat your home beforehand can help ensure your outdoor party is a success.
After the holidays, you’ll have to store and organize your decoration and seasonal paraphernalia again. Make sure you have proper organizers for delicate trinkets and decor pieces to store them safely. If you’re using the same Christmas tree next year, store your tree in an upright tree keeper bag to prevent it from getting deformed or damaged. That way, you’ll have the same good-looking tree next year.
I hope these 5 holiday prep tips were helpful to get you ready for the season!
As always, thank you for reading!
Linking up here.