One of the reasons I started this blog was because I was in a style rut. I work from home and slowly had gotten into the habit of not getting ready every day. Instead of coming home and showering after the gym, I’d stay in my workout clothes. On the days I didn’t work out, my go-to outfit was leggings and a sweatshirt. My thought process was what’s the difference when the only people who were going to see me were at the bus stop and walking the dog. Well, studies show that getting ready not only boosts your mood and self-confidence, but it also helps you be more productive too! So today I have five reasons why you should get ready every day.
5 reasons to take that extra time for yourself:
1. Having a morning routine of getting ready starts your day off right. When you look good, you feel good. And when you feel good about yourself, you’re more motivated and ready to focus on the tasks at hand.
2. If you’re working, you will feel more professional, and that will come across in your IMs, emails, and your voice on conference calls. Confidence trickles down to everything you do.
3. You never know who you’ll run into. Without fail, the days I’m wearing sweats, an old tee, and no makeup are the days that I’m running into someone I haven’t seen in ages at the grocery store, or I have to run into the school for something. The 10 minutes it takes to put on a little mascara, lip gloss and a cute outfit always makes me feel like a new person.
4. You deserve to give yourself the time and effort for self-care. And, you are less critical of your imperfections when you are showing your best self. It also sets a good example for your kids, and your husband will appreciate it too.
5. One of the best ways to express your creativity and individuality is through what you wear. Dress for yourself, not for others, and your confidence will shine through.
I hope you enjoyed Five Reasons to Get Ready Every Day! Do you get ready even when you are staying at home?
Thank you for reading!
Linking up here.