With summer coming to an end it's time to think about what I want to accomplish before the end of the year. I always seem to have a never ending list of projects and goals. I thought if I share them, it will help me focus and I'll be more likely to accomplish the things on my list.
- Clean out the closets and do a closet inventory. Every year before we go back to school shopping, I have our daughter go through her closet and purge things that don't fit or that she knows she will not wear anymore. I have seen a few other blogger posts on closet inventories and think it's a great idea to really see what you have and what you really need.
- Decorate for fall and make a fall DIY wreath. I love decorating for fall and making a new wreath for our front door. Once October hits, I decorate for Halloween which is one of my favorite holidays. We try to make our yard scarier every year!
- Swimming and weight training. While most people start getting in shape in the spring and workout throughout the summer, I do the opposite. I workout religiously 5-6 days a week most of the year, but the second school is out and my morning routine is different, I can't seem to get to the pool or gym as much as I'd like too.
- Host a back to school coffee. I always like to try to get together with the other Moms in the neighborhood during the first week of school before our schedules get too crazy. It's nothing fancy, just coffee and a few breakfast treats.
- Read 1 book a month. I have a long list of books I want to read, yet I have not read a book in months. I'm headed to the library this week and am making sure I carve out time so I can read one book a month.
- Painting the baseboards. Our home is 10 years old and is in dire need of some touch ups. I've always done my own painting but painting the trim and baseboards is so tedious and always gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do list.
- Master bath refresh. We still have the awful builder grade chicklet lighting that came with the home and I have had the paint to update the cabinets for several months. It's time to get these things checked off the list!
I'll keep you posted on how I do! Thanks for stopping by and reading today!