Image Source: Pexels
If you’re planning on wearing a chic one-shoulder dress to an upcoming formal event, and are wondering how best to wear it, here are a few tips to help ensure that you look your best.
- Don’t Cover – Your body shape is accentuated by the single shoulder design, and wearing anything else is not recommended. For this reason, one-shoulder dresses are more suitable in the warmer months as layers simply don’t work with this style of dress. If you buy a designer dress online, take it to your seamstress as soon as you are able, and she will make the finishing touches to ensure a perfect fit.
- Buy Designer Label – This is the best way to assure top quality, and with online suppliers with a selection of purple prom dresses for 2019, you can’t really go wrong. You will likely have to visit your local seamstress so she can tailor the dress to fit perfectly. Prices are usually a little cheaper when you purchase a designer label dress online, perhaps by as much as 15%.
Image Source: Unsplash
- Go for a Solid Color – Choose an exotic purple, stunning red or whatever catches your eye and work your accessories around that. Accessories can contrast, and avoid a complete match, rather make use of shiny jewelry.
- Consider the Belt – If the dress hugs your shape the right belt will add interest to the complete picture. Thick fabric works well, as does a silver chain belt. If you need help choosing jewelry, there is a great article on what to wear at a formal evening event.
- Go with the Full Gown – For an evening event, go for a full length, and with stunning one-shoulder dresses for sale on online boutiques, you can find the perfect gown. Shorter dresses a good choice for day time events but floor length is the right choice for an evening occasion.
- The Right Jewelry – A stunning gown needs the right accessories. Avoid necklaces of any kind with a one-shoulder dress, as the neckline is exclusively for the gown.
- Hair – Updo will complement the look. A tight chignon works well if you have the right hair type, while a bun creates an air of sophistication, especially if you wear eyeglasses. Send your hair stylist a few images of you wearing the dress, and she can work her magic for you.
With the right designer dress and a little time for alterations, these tips will ensure that you look you’re very best for your event and the night will be a cherished memory for years to come.
As always, thank you for reading!
Linking up here.
Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Feedly